Should I write in Italian or English or whatever I remember Ulysses at university I really couldn’t like it what sense in all and that dog and that, What? Molly was her name? And my teacher back at High School giving her lectures on stream of consciousness and James Joyce and then friuli I didn’t know he came to Italy precisely in my interland and region – strange uhm how the world seems so big but everything is so interconnected and they are talking brexit and wars and blood and poor children and we keep on hating each other and shouting and screaming. I don’t like cream today though I ate a perfect ice-cream ice-cream is Ok if it is Italian all that McDonald’s stuff so sugary and what about healthy food remember last year at school we talked about healthy food and the guys. I am sleepy I want to sleep but the book is waiting so interesting that book maybe I need a shield I am a naive butterfly I need to create my inner shield I want to learn it, OK my feet are freezing it’s raining again outside where is spring Again? Oh God so sleepy. I am going to fall asleep.
Inspired by #SoCs
Photo credit Pixabay
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!